What started out as a love for handbags turned into a love of finding “the right” handbag for others. I created this blog as a place to share my love of handbags and keep you up-to-date with all the latest trends, styles and handbag knowledge I come across as a fashionista and handbag business owner. I hope you find inspiration and tips here to help you stay fashion forward!
Posted by Anita Davis on 6/28/2014 to Handbag Care
Here are some pointers to think about while caring for your favorite handbags:
1. Store ink, pens and make-up in plastic cosmetic bags...ink stains are next to impossible to remove.
2. If you spill something on leather exterior be sure to clean immediately.
3. If your bag comes with a bag or box use it for storage to prevent dust buildup.
4. Do not sock your purses on top of each other unless you stuff it with tissue paper, stuffing the bag also help to keep it's shape.
5. Baby wipes are great and gentle enough for your purse. Wipe it around hardware and over the leather to remove dirt.
6. Shoe polish is great for sprucing up scuff marks…try maltonian shoe polish.
7. Keep your bag especially if it is man-made leather out of the sun when possible. The sun fades those bold colors you love about the bag and with some certain bag shapes you can end up with only certain sides, such as the one most often in the sun, faded while the other sides look fine.
8. Your bag isn't meant to be filled to the brim. Heavy bags put strain on the seams and can lead to frayed and broken straps. Plus a heavy bag is not good for your shoulder.
Carlcox istanbul etkinlikleri